Inclement Weather Procedures
Dear CBA Families,
We are entering the time of year when weather events can present dangerous traveling conditions. Here are reminders regarding our inclement weather procedures:
- In the event of a weather emergency that necessitates canceling school, the CBA community will be notified using the following communication strategies:
- Text alert to the cell phone number listed in renweb
- Email to the email listed in renweb
- CBA Facebook posting
- Local news media school closing webpages (WBIR, WVLT, WATE)
- In the event of a school cancellation, all extracurricular events including adventure club, athletics, and clubs will be canceled.
- If school closes during the school day due to inclement weather, you will receive information the same way as above. Please monitor your phone and email closely for updates during this season. For all to be safe during this time, we ask that you arrive promptly to pick up your children from school so faculty can leave safely also.
- Because weather conditions vary greatly in our area, if the school has NOT been canceled, but weather conditions are unsafe for travel, please make the safest decision for your family. If you decide it is too dangerous to travel to school, please email the appropriate school administrative assistant and your child/children’s teachers to notify them of your student’s absence.
- Upper School: Mrs. Gibson at email@example.com
- Lower School: Mrs. Burchfield at firstname.lastname@example.org
Be safe and stay well,
CBA Administrative Team